IT security is paramount to organizations as cloud computing and mobile devices have changed the way we do business. With the massive amounts of data transmitted and stored on networks throughout the world, it’s essential to have effective security practices in place. That’s where CompTIA Security+ comes in.
A CompTIA Security+ certification validates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing sectors in IT. Security threats are increasing in number and severity, and the gap between the need for security professionals and qualified IT personnel is the largest of any IT specialty.
It is recommended that you have completed CompTIA Network+ (or equivalent) and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage security risks.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Number of questions
Maximum of 90 questions
Multiple choice and performance-based
Enrol now to save your place
Who should attend?
"Earning the Security+ certificate was the ace that set me apart from my peers. The easy to follow videos and labs made all the difference."
"Our team have just completed the Security+ training and the amount of knowledge we absorbed in 5 days would take 5 years to accumulate in the workplace. Great work IT Futures!!"
"The trainers are very knowledgeable and very approachable. No such thing as a stupid question. They will take the time to make sure you understand the topics covered and offer extra classes if needed. I found that to be invaluable."
Before you go...
Would you like to subscribe to the
IT Futures newsletter?